Thursday, March 04, 2010

Get out of his bike lane!

Sweet pictures of all kinds of fun bike lane violations.  I thought of it this morning when I saw that the maximum fine for driving in a bike lane was 50 bucks, at least for the bike lane on Bryn Mawr Ave heading away from the city.

Bike Lane Violations
(there are some other great ones at the related blog, I just liked this one the most)

The other great part of the morning was when a woman dropping her high school age daugther off at the bus stop almost killed me so she could swing into the road just ahead of the bus, block both lanes and just about crush me in the process.  Good times, good times.

Like a lot of folks I am reading lately, riding a bike more just makes you hate cars more.  It makes you happier, healthier, wiser (at least in my own mind) and fills you frequently with a bitter, bitter kind of rage for the way that cars not only make people incredibly stupid and reckless, but also incredibly dangerous at the same time.  Hoooray for cars!

(disclaimer:  I own a car and I really like driving it.  Zoom Zoom and all that.  So I am a hypocrite.  Just wanted to put that out there)

No comments:

List Your Website
VccLLc Directory