Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Finally opened my account

Not with any money but at least a win in the Cat 4s.  In fact, I actually feel pretty good about this one because I was 6th overall and only about 30 seconds behind some guys that are pretty darn good at this TT stuff.  The other thing is that they are all significantly bigger than me so I feel like it is evidence of some decent watts/kilo on my part, but I still have some work to do so that hopefully I can catch them.

 The numbers :
47:40
27.3mph avg
1st in Cat. 4 and 6th overall.

I actually averaged a bit faster on the longer return leg and felt good enough to get up to 31-32mph on the (I think) slight decline over the last 1-2K to the finish.  It was also convenient that there were several guys that were ahead of me that I could focus on catching them over the last little bit.



I've tried a few different things at this TT and the Wednesday night ones that are just 10 miles one way and I am starting to think that I just go better pushing a big gear, channeling my inner Jan Ulrich or something.

I will have to take Marshall's advice and work on a fixed gear on my single speed, something I've thought about but been rather afraid of.  I am sure it will help me improve my pedal stroke and maybe by next year I can be spinning the gears I am pushing now.  Maybe then I can close the gap to the TT beasts that win all the events in NJ like Lundgren and his boys.  He managed to average 28.8mph for the same event and I think he might have been going a bit easy since he is peaking for the NJ State Champs this weekend.

Anyway, next up is the Philly Amateur TT, hopefully picking up some BAR points there and at the State TT the following weekend.  TTT anyone?

No comments:

List Your Website
VccLLc Directory