Thursday, January 20, 2011

Good and Evil

So, I had a few minutes to kill today and I was reading random things and two really struck me.

The first one I had to stop reading partway through and come back because I thought I was going to be sick, so just like they warned us on the radio last night, this article is horrifying and I don't want to put a link to it until after I warned you.

But if you aren't convinced that evil exists in the world and you are sitting down, read this.

But just after reading that, I read this, an interview with a young man who was convinced that joining the military was the right thing to do and then grew increasingly troubled after joining up.  He grew so concerned that he was convinced he would go to jail rather than finish his term until he found out he could apply for conscientious objector status, which he did.

But his willingness to examine his own approach to the world and to make decisions and take actions that were so against the grain of the organization he was in, what his family thought and any number of other difficult obstacles.

It is difficult to imagine a person willing to not just deliver late term abortions but do so in the manner he did.  Perhaps you could dismiss it and say he could only do that because of some psychosis or very serious mental disorder.  But what about the people he paid to help him?

To then read about a young man willing to go against all the community or local pressure to go along with doing something wrong was very refreshing.  So in the same few minutes that I almost threw my computer out the window because of what I read and the pure evil of the people involved, I came back (I had put it down so I wouldn't throw it) and read about this courageous young man.  Nice turn around.

No comments:

List Your Website
VccLLc Directory